- Water consumption should be tracked
- Water consumption should be normalised so that it can be compared with benchmarks and other buildings of a similar type and in the similar climatic regions.
- Water consumption figures should be tracked and presented for a full year
- Water consumption patterns for the previous year as well as the current year should be presented in order to ascertain whether there are improvements.
- Reports should be presented in a simple format so that senior managers and non-technical staff can easily understand these.
Gauge has developed a system that achieves the above characteristics and is easy to use. The reporting system is available to subscribers and be accessed here. It also supports reporting on energy consumption, waste generation and recycling, travel impacts and indoor environmental quality (IEQ).