- Energy consumption should be tracked
- Maximum demand should be tracked
- Energy consumption should be normalised so that it can be compared with benchmarks such as those in SANS 204.
- Energy demand and consumption figures should be tracked and presented for a full year
- Energy demand and consumption patterns for the previous year, as well as the current year, should be presented in order to ascertain whether there are improvements.
- Reports should be presented in a simple format so that senior managers and non-technical staff can easily understand these.
Gauge has developed a system that achieves the above characteristics and is easy to use. The reporting system is available to subscribers and be accessed here. It also supports reporting on water consumption, waste generation and recycling, travel impacts and indoor environmental quality (IEQ).